No purchase necessary to enter.
Club Jameco is sponsoring CoasterBot Design Contest. A coaster, or CD or DVD that has not practical value other than holding a cold beverage, will be put to use as the essential framework for your robot design.
The challenge is to create a robot using a coaster as the main body component. The coasterbot must be able to
1) avoid obstacles
2) navigate space by itself
3) display an extra sensing system
After that, get as creative as possible! Design a bot with any size or shape. Make it swim, fly or climb a hill. It could clean beaches, move dirt or shoot marshmallows. Make it as simple or complex as you see fit.
The coasterbot must include a coaster as the main body part to qualify, and will be judged on two equal criteria:
1) the ability to navigate space, avoid obstacles, and display an extra sensory system
2) innovation and originality
• 1st Prize: Renewable Energy Science Education Kit
• 2nd Prize: Sumobot Robot Kit
• 3rd Prize: $25 Jameco gift card and Club Jameco t-shirt
How to Enter
Just follow these two easy steps:
by sending an email to Challenges@Jameco.com
including designer name, address, phone number and a brief description of the coasterbot by July 31, 2013.
by submitting a photo and a link to a short video by email to Challenges@Jameco.com
by August 31, 2013. The video must show the following:
• coaster location
• robot in action
• how your bot met the three goals: navigation, obstacle avoidance, extra sensing system
• June 1 Contest begins. Designers may register and submit entries
• July 31 Registration ends at midnight
• August 31 Contest ends at midnight. No more entries accepted
• October 1 Winners notified by email and announced in the Jameco Newsletter
• October 1 Prizes sent to winners
The Jameco Coaster Bot Kit
Jameco Electronics sells a basic Coaster Bot Kit
, which may be used in the design, but designers are in no way required to purchase the kit and are encouraged to be as creative as possible.
Click here if you would like to purchase the kit for $79.95
Email us at Challenges@Jameco.com
Rules and Regulations
No purchase necessary to enter. Contest is open to any live person on Earth age 18 or over (those under 18 are encouraged to collaborate with an adult participant). By entering the contest, the participant gives Jameco Electronics the right to post the photo and video on its internet sites indefinitely. Entries must be the original work of the participant and may not have won previous awards. The designer maintains all rights to the design. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the contest constitutes permission to use winner's name, likeness, photo and video without limitation for any purpose related to the contest.