The Club Jameco Whiteboard is a collaborative discussion board where thinkers and makers meet to help each other with electronic projects. Get Ideas...Get Help...Get Connected.

Thread: ICs; FSK Modems, RDA1846, the list is a mile long...

ICs; FSK Modems, RDA1846, the list is a mile long...

So, here's what I [personally] would like:

1. I needed a few FSK Modem ICs (I ordered TI TCM3105NL) and had to order from China. I'm sure they're knock-offs since most chip cos don't make things like this anymore. They're tough to find, and the one model that is available locally is ridiculously expensive (I think around $14)... adjusted for inflation, they were only a few dollars in their hay-day.

2. RDA1846 FM Transceiver chip. This is the "heart" of the Baofeng series of radios. I know many people have taken to buying the whole radio and tearing it apart or hacking it up because there's no way to source this chip domestically, but Jameco could buy a few thousand, sell them for $5-6 a piece (they're about 1/2 that in 1K+ quantities), and they wouldn't last. I would love to make, or see someone make an "FM Transceiver Shield" for Arduino or Raspberry Pi using these. I'd be willing to bet such a product would sell out faster than you could stock it.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, but I can assure you every Ham I know would jump to order those.

I thank you for the information! I was looking for and could not find. You helped me!
    www.moegottaknow.com