The Club Jameco Whiteboard is a collaborative discussion board where thinkers and makers meet to help each other with electronic projects. Get Ideas...Get Help...Get Connected.

Thread: Field Day and BSA JOTA events are a great way to see what Ham Radio is all about

Field Day and BSA JOTA events are a great way to see what Ham Radio is all about

http://www.arrl.org/field-day

Field Day! It's coming up in June so you've got time to make plans to be there! This is a time when Hams around the world get on the air and make as many contacts as possible. This should give you a great opportunity to get involved Livvy!

The BSA hosts the JOTA event each year as well. http://www.scouting.org/jota.aspx This one is in October so you've got no excuse. A great number of kids get their licenses after attending these events. It is a load of fun.

There is also a huge opportunity in the schools today. Science labs are looking for practical ways to teach about radio, robotics, and electronics in the schools. You might want to take time to contact some local schools or more importantly the science departments about how to get a foot in the door there. You've got to start somewhere and getting kids interested in electronics can lead to some pretty amazing things!

Good Luck Jameco. Now start doing your homework Livvy.

Last year while coming back from a ham flea market in Santa Clara I heard scouts on an outing talking on the 2 meter radio with a ham in control of the station. I replied to their call. Nothing else except I like to replay when I know there are young people on the other end who might
    become hams someday. It is a fun hobby.
    Ron

Replica Designer Kurtis

Top Quality Lawn, Close Reproduction, Excellent Color Matching
    Famous Pakistani Designers Kurti Replica
    Very Reasonable and Affordable Price Point for Wholesale
    National and International Shipping
    Contact Now for Best Discounts Whats-app 0092 332 6892363

We sale only No.1 Replica Designer Kurtis, if you are looking for reliable replica supplier then contact us, we are doing business for 20 years and we know the best replica quality that we manufacture in-house.

We have large number of replica collections of famous Pakistani designers including Sana Safinaz, Asim Jofa, Hassan Sheheryar Yasin and Maria B. in large quantities.
    We make sure equal number of colors and threads are used in embroidery as used by original designer. Also threads and colors we use are very close match to the original designe

hii. In this topic is very interesting and nice topic thanks for sharing this topic.
    ISO 14001 Certification in Oman