The Club Jameco Whiteboard is a collaborative discussion board where thinkers and makers meet to help each other with electronic projects. Get Ideas...Get Help...Get Connected.

Thread: Magnetic Locator

Post Magnetic Locator

Not sure why there's an entire forum for this, but here goes...

Start off with TWO coils, and a wooden dowel. Mount them both to the dowel, one at the end with the other further up, and join one wire from each with the same end of a third piece of wire.

Connect the LOWER of the two coils in a Colpitts oscillator.

Feed the output of the Colpitts oscillator into an audio amplifier.

Separately, rectify the output of the Colpitts oscillator with a diode feeding a rc circuit. The capacitor is "accumulator 1". Select the rc constant to decay in a few seconds, probably less than 5.

Separately, feed the output of accumulator 1 into the gate of a MOSFET or JFET: choose the sub-type according to the orientation of the diode, so that the transistor becomes more resistive as the voltage rises. Use this to control the power supply to the Colpitts oscillator.

Rectify the UPPER of the two coils, feeding it into a second rc circuit. The capacitor is "accumulator 2". Select the rc constant to match that of accumulator 1. Feed the output of accumulator 2 into a volt meter, buffered and amplified with a op-amp. This is NOT intended as an alternative to the headphones.

The headphones are used to hear the frequency of the oscillator: as the lower coil approaches something ferrous the frequency should lower, and as it retreats from something ferrous the frequency will rise.

The voltmeter is used to measure the repulsion of magnetic fields: materials such as copper demonstrate this effect.

FROM ...Wayne Belanger... there is a really good ... INDUCTION BALANCE METAL LOCATOR..MARK II... PROJECT in ELECTRONICS TODAY INTERNATIONAL magazine. if you like I can get the year and issue info to you, it's from a long time ago, 30 years. I have made 4 of them and they all worked.

FROM : Wayne Belanger ... There is a very good INDUCTION BALANCE METAL LOCATOR MK II PROJECT in ELECTRONICS TODAY INTERNATIONAL VOL. 2 NO. 8 August 1978 issue. I have tried to google this and did get some results. If you google INDUCTION BALANCE METAL LOCATOR there will be several different designs to choose from, I encourage you however to try to get the one from the ETI magazine, as this one seems a little simpler and it dose work very well. It is a rising tone type detector. I have the article right here in front of me and can maybe try to scan and Email to you if you can not find it on your own.... THANK YOU...Wayne

FROM ; Wayne Belanger...HELLO... Greg Miller... I have posted some attachments to you for the INDUCTION BALANCE METAL LOCATOR MK II I don't know exactly where they went , they are under " PRIVATE MESSAGES" then click attachments.

You're in the correct place in case you're searching for proficient review Magnetic Locators utilized for finding land survey markers, malleable iron water lines, and overview landmarks. On the off chance that a magnet can stick to it, it has ferrous material, thus the name Magnetic Locator. The level at which you can find is normally dictated by the mass of the question you needing to find. Help with dissertation writing

Is there any approach to discover precisely where the property lines are in my home without the cost of a surveyor? and also want to get help from custom essay writing company but When i purchased my home there was no fence between my neighbor and i. As of late my neighbor set up a 8ft. the high fence on what he said was the property line

Begin off with TWO loops, and a wooden dowel. Mount them both to the dowel, one toward the end with the other further up, and go along with one wire from each with a similar end of a third bit of wire. Independently, amend the yield of the Colpitts oscillator with a diode encouraging a rc circuit. The capacitor is "aggregator 1". Write My Essay Select the rc steady to rot in almost no time, likely under 5. Redress the UPPER of the two loops, nourishing it into a moment rc circuit. The capacitor is "collector 2". Select the rc steady to coordinate that of gatherer 1. Nourish the yield of collector 2 into a volt meter, cushioned and increased with an operation amp. This is NOT proposed as a contrasting option to the earphones.

I have tried to google this and did get some results. If you google INDUCTION BALANCE METAL LOCATOR there will be several different designs to choose from, I encourage you however to try to get the one from the ETI magazine,I need someone to do my assignment as this one seems a little simpler and it dose work very well. It is a rising tone type detector. I have the article right here in front of me and can maybe try to scan and Email to you if you can not find it on your own.

This is a to an excellent degree lighting up article. I other than agree with your post title and your truly Help with Essay well exhibit your point of view. I am astoundingly rich to see this post. A dedication of appreciation is all together for share with us. Keep it up and share the more most related post.

grand work!