The Club Jameco Whiteboard is a collaborative discussion board where thinkers and makers meet to help each other with electronic projects. Get Ideas...Get Help...Get Connected.

Thread: Automatic Automotive immobilzer

Administrator

Automatic Automotive immobilzer

A simple device to automatically shutdown a vehicle's electric fuel pump and optionally cause the fuel gauge to read low on a one to two minute timed interval after the driver side door is opened. This system can protect the driver during a hijack, or cause a highly visible stall for a stolen vehicle at a recoverable distance from its starting point. A hidden micro switch (normally open ) disables the countdown. Leaving the vehicle via the driver door primes the countdown which starts upon the next ignition on state. The device is small enough to conceal behind a kick panel or the dashboard etc. Deactivating the device after a shutdown will normally require several engine tumbles to repressurise the fuel rail. This device has been tested in a 2005 Nissan xtrail for 3 years continuous operation. No failures.

Very good write-up. I certainly valued this topic. I found very interesting things here after a long time. For beginners like me need a lot of reading and searching for information on various blogs. and articles that you share a very nice and inspires me. I am looking forward for more important thoughts and more blogs. Likewise I have accessed a genuine content reviews of essay writing service, which is also helped me a lot during my schooling.